- All applications must be submitted on an application form. These can either be downloaded from this website, or requested by writing to the Trust, or by emailing your request.
- Please do not submit your application by email. The Application Forms are interactive enabling you to fill them in on a computer and print out a copy, or to be downloaded and completed by hand. Either way please send a paper copy to the Trust by post. If you need more space for your answer in any section, please continue on a separate sheet and attach.
- Meetings to consider applications are held three times each year; in January, April and July. To be certain your application will be considered at a meeting, you must submit your application by the end of the month preceding the meeting.
- Applications will be considered by the Governors, who will make recommendations to the Trustees as to whether a grant should be awarded and how much.
- You will hear the decision about your application within four weeks of the Trustee meeting.
- The end of the grant year is 30th June and all rental applications must be received by that date to be considered for that grant year.
- The decision on each application is at the discretion of the Governors and Trustees and is final.
- Further guidance for each type of application is detailed below. If you would like any advice before applying, please contact the Trust Secretary.
Applications must be submitted together with at least two detailed quotations, supplied by recognised contractors, and a set of your latest published accounts.
Retrospective applications will not be considered. We strongly recommend that you submit your application to a meeting being held before your project commences, so that you know the decision on your application before beginning work. However we appreciate that in some instances, for example with emergency repair work, you may not be able to wait for a meeting before commencing work. However you must still submit your application before you start your work.
Grants will not normally be paid before the work commences.
You must enclose a copy of your latest signed accounts with your application and we also ask for a copy of your constitution, if not previously submitted.
The Trustees strongly recommend that you hold public liability insurance.
One application may be submitted in each grant year. Our grant year ends on 30th June and applications must be received before that date to be considered for that year.
In the event that your group folds in a grant year we expect you to return the proportion of rental grant that has not been used.
Applications should be submitted in time for the meeting before the course or activity. Retrospective applications will not be considered.
The Trustees will require an independent reference to ensure your application is bona fide.
Proof of attendance will be required and the Trustees ask that you submit a report on your course or activity, which may be used on our website, with your permission.
Should a successful applicant be unable to participate in the course or activity for whatever reason, the grant must be returned to the Trust.