Memorial Hall

The East Wickham and Welling War Memorial Hall was built as a memorial to the men who died from both East Wickham and Welling. In 1930, a memorial tablet was unveiled combining the names from the East Wickham War Memorial and the Welling War Memorial together with additional names. This tablet has sadly been lost. The story of the local people who made their vision of building a hall as a memorial a reality can be read under History of the Trust.

Station Approach in 1951, the Memorial Hall is in the centre to the right of the cars.

Station Approach (now William Foster Way) from Upper Wickham Lane in 1951. The Memorial Hall is in the centre to the right of the cars.

The Hall (Hummerstones)

The War Memorial Hall (in the 1970’s?)