Welling War Memorial

The memorial was originally located outside the old tin church near the site of Welling Library but was moved in the early 1930s to its current home, in the grounds of St John the Evangelist Church, Danson Lane, Welling. David Carr of Nash & Sons, the Welling undertakers, recalls his firm being asked to move it again within the grounds of the Church in the 1950s when a new vicarage was built.

The memorial was unveiled in March 1921.

Observer & District Times 18 February 1921

Observer & District Times 25 March 1921

The Welling War Memorial today, outside St John’s Church